It was just one of those perfect sunny but not too hot Summer days that leaves a glow on your skin and makes you want to spend time in the kitchen and garden.
I made 2 great salads. One was just a simple Burratta caprese with basil and tomatoes from our garden. The one I am sharing today was heavily inspired by Toni Bark's Perfect Summer Salad recipe. Please check out the original too. This is my take on it.
First of all I think this salad is best plated up so you can pick and choose a little bit of everything in every bite. Besides it just looks bad ass.
Mixed baby greens
Apple cider vinegar (Bragg's)
Sweet & Spicy Pecans (Trader Joe's)
1. Cut endive in half and brush lightly with olive oil. Throw on a hot grill. Let it get some nice grill marks but be careful not to let it burn. I put mine aside for it to cool.
2. Plate 2 handfuls of mixed baby greens. Top with blueberries and Champagne grapes.
3. Thinly slice fennel bulb and English cucumber on a mandolin. Use the thinnest setting. Watch your fingers. That thing is crazy sharp.
4. Slice avocado
5. Arrange the components around the edge of the plate including a bunch of Champagne grapes. They are so tasty.
6. Throw the following in the blender for some delicious dressing: 1/2 cup olive oil, 1/3 cup Bragg's Apple Cider Vinegar, 2t Dijon mustard, 2t roasted garlic, 1T maple syrup
7. Just before serving add several spicy pecans and a drizzle of dressing. Enjoy!!