Wednesday, November 19, 2014

Homemade Halloween Banner



Yay for discount Halloween fabric! I saw a Halloween Banner Tutorial on Ribbon Retreat a month or so ago. I loved the idea but I am super cheap so I wanted to wait to whip it up until all the Halloween fabrics went on sale. I love all the fabrics I scored, and all for 50% off. The tutorial over at Ribbon Retreat is pretty straight forward. Here's my 2 cents. To make the pennant shapes I used some chipboard pennants I had hanging around my studio. Since they are thick, I was able to just use the rotary cutter and whip them up in no time. Also, make sure to do a little pre-planning - measure your mantle or area you plan on hanging it and figure out how to space the pennants evenly so you end up with a uniform look. If you can do basic pinning, measuring and sewing, you can pull this off. Next project? I got some discount Christmas fabric ahead of time and I am getting ready to make banner #2.

No comments:

Post a Comment